Mining CURVEHASH for fun

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I am setting up an email relay (SMTP) behind HAProxy and while doing that I am also testing mining CURVEHASH just for fun.

How-to guide for Windows:

How-to guide for Linux:

1607848624026.png

This is a Win 2012 server I am mining from, you can see my max rate is 9K H/s.

Meh, so let's get on with other comparisons - keep in mind this is all through Vultr.

1607848683428.png

Okay, so I am going to outline the machines and their respective H/s for a side-by-side comparison of mining rate to cost.

Server nameMining RatePrice (monthly) // value (higher is better)
hi2645 H/s$3.50 // 755
miner122 kH/s$120 (bare metal) // 183
miner241 kH/s$160 // 256
miner35020 H/s$5 // 1004
ghy (Win 2012 server)8897 H/s$40 // 222

Keep in mind if you keep this activity up (huehuehue).. Vultr may get rather pissed off and cap/limit your VPS, lock you to specific amount of core(s):

So be careful I guess? Anyway combined with all these Vultr instances I reached a beautiful mining rate of 77.28 KH/s which is not great but hey - it has so far cost me like $1 or less.. this far along, I think.

If you check the chart above for the value score, you can see what gives you the best mining for your dollar.

From the looks of it, miner3 was performing the best in terms of cost to mining rate.

What this means is that potentially one could massively spin up several $5/month Vultr instances provided you do not get banned and shutdown by mining crypto.

So, one could do it this way or go to Digital Ocean (or keep scouting around for vCPU that you can mine with elsewhere).

This was just a fun side project, so you might be wondering.. how the heck would one setup the miner?

Firstly, you'll need to setup a Windows-based system to download the wallet utility from here:

Once you download the wallet, you will need to run the Qt tool and get a wallet address.. open the wallet and go to File -> Receiving Addresses -> New

You can then copy your receiving address to your wallet.

From there, just deploy an eff-ton of Ubuntu servers where you can.

From the terminal on your Ubuntu servers:
Code:
wget https://github.com/doktor83/SRBMiner-Multi/releases/download/0.5.9/SRBMiner-Multi-0-5-9-Linux.tar.xz
tar -xvf SRB*
cd SRBMiner-Multi-0-5-9/
nano start-mining-curvehashcoin.sh

Now cd your way into the folder, go ahead and cat the script named "start-mining-curve..."

You will see an area it asks for a wallet address.

nano the file, copy/paste in your wallet address and enjoy the day.

Hopefully you can mine enough in this pool (or another pool) to gather your payout.

Good luck, have fun, and let me know if you do some cool sh** lol

P.s. after you edit in your wallet info, you just call the script to begin mining
Code:
./start-mining-curvehashcoin.sh

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Ah yes of course, if you want to step away from the terminals then you'll want to know that you can redirect the std..

Like this:
Code:
cd SRBMiner-Multi-0-5-9/
./start-mining-curvehashcoin.sh < /dev/null &
disown
#nice

This will keep mining while you afk and SSH won't time that out :)

If you want to see the mining activity in the pool, then check: https://pool.rplant.xyz/?#curvehash

P.s. if you want to earn CURVE, likely rplant is the right place to do this. If you just want to help out with the CURVEHASH project, go be a hero and throw resources at CURVE in other pools. Someone else takes the profit though, while rplant seems to pay out fairly - at least I think so.

1607866820231.png

An example of a payout, here's the tx info:
Code:
Date: 12/13/2020 11:54
To: Te6c1rgkExzGoyoofbeZczhKazPwTFBcGW (own address, label: bitch)
Credit: 7.883985 CURVE
Net amount: +7.883985 CURVE
Transaction ID: fbf5d16599dfda0a346a7a44b8d31a78dac078dab584f82c4598d1b64d162ad1
Transaction total size: 5900 bytes
Output index: 3

- view the tx detail via their explorer

Lastly, I have just about 34 CURVE right now: http://explorer.curvehash.com/address/Te6c1rgkExzGoyoofbeZczhKazPwTFBcGW

As to whether or not this is worth jack sh**? Good question.

The coin just launched toward the end of November I believe, I am just trying to get into mining this early since right now I can rather easily/affordably mine 200 per day. That is hard to do with for example Bitcoin, hmm..

1607874405348.png

As you can see, I am in the top 15 miners of CURVE at present. Not crazily amazing, but hey - imagine being one of the top 15 miners for Bitcoin? Would have been cool.

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Just launched an 8 core server at OVH for 31 kH/s which is 31,000 H/s.. price is
8 vCores (3.1 GHz) at $150 monthly, so let's do math:
31,000 / 150 = 206 is our value on this.

Not all that wonderful when you consider the Vultr package offered us a much higher value score:
miner35020 H/s$5 // 1004

So far the $5 package at Vultr is appearing to be the best grind for the bag of our cash.

YouTube video is uploading and processing on how to get started for any miner scrubs wanting to get in on this action ;)

Edit: YouTube videos are upped and all set to go! Simply check up top to follow along if any interest in Curve (CurveHash). Windows and Linux guides are available.

Also, the hashrate to monthly cost value score I am generating in the charts and mentioning throughout comes from the idea that there is a dollar to hashrate cost.

For example:
5,020 hashrate for a monthly cost of $5 is simply 5020/5=1,004
31,000 hashrate for a monthly cost of $150 monthly is 31,000/150=206

Now what if your hash rate was 1 and your monthly cost was $1, then you would quickly see that 1 is the value. That is a dollar per hashrate and the crappiest deal ever. I'd much rather have 1,004 for my hashrate per dollar than 206. Logic add up?

Last edited: