TS3 SRV record namecheap

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
So I am hosting a TS for my friend who is starting a project but since I'm using the default port, I had to give him a different one, He doesn't want to tell people to connect to a specific port so I told him to use the teamspeak SRV dns record.

I helped him set it up for ts.hisdomain.com etc but there is a problem, Using namecheaps own guide https://www.namecheap.com/support/k...8/how-can-i-link-a-domain-name-to-teamspeak-3 to use teamspeak srv record, it doesn't work. ts.hisdomain.com fails to resolve, but hisdomain.com does and connects correctly to the teamspeak. Upon checking over the settings we figure, Oh we put _udp by accident lets change it to _udp.ts and it changes back to just _udp. He wants to get it working on a sub domain and I don't want to us TSDNS (it sucks) but either namecheaps guide is wrong or something else? Does anyone else have this issue or setup SRV on namecheap successfully?

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
This is an example on cloudflare (Shouldn't change anything wether its CF or namecheap).

http://prnt.sc/em3d4s

Also, please note that it may take up a couple of hours with namecheap for the DNS changes to propagate.

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
Thats what I have done, but it only responds to the domain.com, not ts.domain.com if we try put _ts3._udp.ts it removes the ts from the record.

Kieran

Tag me
Contributor
Jan 1, 2016
Thats what I have done, but it only responds to the domain.com, not ts.domain.com if we try put _ts3._udp.ts it removes the ts from the record.
I don't think you can do that for a subdomain on namecheap actually. I just tried and can only enter the target.
You should go over to cloudflare. It's much easier there and you can also hide your IP a bit more. It's free :p

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
Namecheap support helped me, Waited all night for their support to come online, It's a bug in their control panel and they fixed it for me.