TS5 Downloads directory

kalle

high minded
Contributor
Oct 28, 2015
While checking beta.teamspeak.com i looked into the dev tab because I was curios what web technology they are using etc.
What I found out is that you can access to downloads directory without login.

Just open developer tools (f12 chrome) & open network tab, go to https://beta.teamspeak.com/downloads, and after this check for downloads.xxxxxx.js, open it and copy value.
After this you can use site like beautifier.io/ to make code nice looking.

From line 1027 you can see download links with specific events.
These events are tracker for users to see which os is downloading and type of browser, but I dont see any action from this nvm.

From this I can imagine two things, one is that they dont care who will download this and second is human mistake since you can never trust client.

E

ewenjo

I don't think they really care about who is downloading the beta, since you have to login to use it properly anyway. The client-side login validation is only to stop most people from downloading it.

If they really wanted to protect it, they would probably generate temporary download links for each user, instead of having it publicly accessible by a direct link (https://files.teamspeak-services.com/teamspeak/teamspeak-client.msi.).

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I don't think they really care about who is downloading the beta, since you have to login to use it properly anyway. The client-side login validation is only to stop most people from downloading it.

If they really wanted to protect it, they would probably generate temporary download links for each user, instead of having it publicly accessible by a direct link (https://files.teamspeak-services.com/teamspeak/teamspeak-client.msi.).

They honestly don’t care because the entire TS5 project sucks for how long they have worked on it for. They worked on it for 2 years.. and we have this. If anyone thinks this is acceptable you’re high af.

Fennec

Jul 24, 2016
I know TeamSpeak is trying to compete with Discord, but they do not need to Discord is for the people who do not care about quality or security.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Discord is for the people who do not care about quality or security.
TeamSpeak seems to be turning into that, they have given up on being original and are trying to chase the market instead of keep their own. Discord is killing them slowly.

If you check Google trending words, you will actually see Discord buried them rather quickly.

It is as if TeamSpeak wants to drag out their long and agonizing slow death, we here have first-hand felt the TeamSpeak market collapse.

There is just no point in using something like TeamSpeak when their client is TS5, the server and old client are TS3 - where the f is TS4?! Why the false promises about beta release soon, then delaying a year. TeamSpeak is letting everyone down by the cliche overpromising and under delivery. It is nearly impossible for TS to make any sort of a recovery. Their trajectory is complete failure because they are taking a privacy-filled software and filling this with tracking, cloudy bullshit (Google, SSO, store your messages everywhere on all devices).. it is just fuckin' DUMB!!

They'd honestly might as well have TeamSpeak Cloud and TeamSpeak Appliance or something. Buncha clowns though, trying to ditch their business market that actually paid them and now trying too hard to keep their gaming/gamer market with them. Despite TeamSpeak being a gaming VoIP early on, all their big money came in from securing business contracts with for example NASA and others. Now their ATHPs have been abused by TeamSpeak Systems - no one likes TeamSpeak. Not the ATHPs, not the users (most have OG users switched to Discord/Slack/etc)..... tl;dr TS5 is a PoS and TeamSpeak Systems is dead/rekt courtesy of venture capitalism tactics employed by Discord's owner Jason Citron - btw FUCK CAPITALISM and Jason blows <0<K.

TeamSpeak was a traditional German-based startup company that has been overly shown the weapon of capitalism. In the USA, someone can raise $20,000,000 within a few years and fuck up another company. It's basically crowdfunded murder virtually - business style, this happened in the case of Discord vs TeamSpeak.

Last edited: