• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I also regret leaving R4P3.net. I got used to it.:rolleyes:
You prefer the R4P3.NET name, yeah?

Can you tell me why you think Noirth.com is not as good as R4P3.NET - like give me a reason why R4P3 is better.. please?

The hard part is marketability - as our platform matures and amasses 1,000,000 users (the very far out dream).. how would R4P3 be viewed under public scrutiny. Could that make the site worth less? :)

djalmasi

Sep 10, 2015
You prefer the R4P3.NET name, yeah?

Can you tell me why you think Noirth.com is not as good as R4P3.NET - like give me a reason why R4P3 is better.. please?

The hard part is marketability - as our platform matures and amasses 1,000,000 users (the very far out dream).. how would R4P3 be viewed under public scrutiny. Could that make the site worth less? :)
I think I'm very used to it. If I mention someone the name R4P3, chances are they’ll know what I’m talking about. The theme changes, the name changes, I start to feel that this page is no longer old. :rolleyes:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
start to feel that this page is no longer old
Well that is correct, while Noirth is R4P3 (it will be soon), it has a modern name that is business-friendly. We can offer cybersecurity services, sell software licenses, and so much more without the stigma attached to the rape name.

imagine having a company Fuck, LLC and approaching a school principal asking “Sir, our company named Fuck would like to help teach students about cybersecurity with weekly classes.” — can you quickly see how the answer would be “Hell no,” while with a name like Noirth, the answer may be an easier yes?

While I can understand many people knew R4P3, please have my confidence when I say Noirth will become much more popular without swimming against a current ;)

besides you can still type R4P3.net and ciphers.pw to get to the new Noirth forum when we launch it.

we are deciding to actually keep the forum, to not “start fresh” but we will be making serious forum changes to reshape everything to be more accessible for all to engage in the community. I am excited for what we have planned!

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I understand stigma behind r4p3 but whats wrong with ciphers? :rolleyes:
We are looking for more of a multipurpose name if that makes more sense.

For example, brand recognition is critical to success. If we keep the name “Ciphers” that is like having the name Pencil or Apple. While Apple is a great name for a massive many billions company, Ciphers will never rank for ciphers. Sure Ciphers Pw but that sounds more like a.. hack team for CTFs or messing about.

In reflecting, I find both Ciphers and R4 to be less professional than ideal.

Imagine selling product or service under Ciphers Pw. It just does not have a flow to it. I am leaning toward Noirth or n0.contact because I think either Noirth or N0 could sell - better than Ciphers. I feel like Ciphers is only good for hash cracking or some crypto-related business.. maybe I am wrong?

Thinking out loud, feel free to offer insight if you’d like

BIOS

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Oct 10, 2015
hmm, could be a domain....but i think i see sarcasm behind it. Unless you really mean this and don't give a f**k.
It was meant seriously, without a sarcastic ulterior motive. and it would be a meaningful domain name

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
It was meant seriously, without a sarcastic ulterior motive. and it would be a meaningful domain name
While I can see how this would be an exciting name for a certain type of community, we have plans to potentially: sell software, offer online technology services, and we may be sending invoices.

We likely will benefit from a more professional name. I like your idea Bios and you are creative :) but we need a marketable name that shows caring, professionalism, and ideally a touch of security.

The name has to be welcoming to moms, nuns, and K-12 in case we offer early childhood cybersecurity or programming training material/courseware. Any markets that can sell! As an example, a 3rd grader saying “Dad, this IDGAF training is going well.”

:)

BIOS

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Oct 10, 2015
osec.studio
(online security).studio

Chosen with care because you can not only sell products due to the domain name but also offer courses for programming etc..
the domain name alone sounds like typical programming software

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Exactly what you said. R4P3.NET "help us stop internet rape".

Also when you tell someone the address and they like...rape? No, R4P3
I like what you are saying and I can understand it. Almost wondering if it would be worth reverting this community back to R4P3 and focus more red team / blue team community here while focusing on Noirth for the business side

SkinCast

Feb 6, 2018
If your aim is to start a real business related to cybersecurity, programming or whatever related, a name change must be made due obvious reasons.

Noirth sounds more like a brand, while "no or hi .contact" sounds like something like "free russian ladies tonight". There is no option for me to vote, btw.