Suggestion Any reliable EU-based dedicated hosting providers?

djalmasi

Sep 10, 2015
Honestly a personal favorite of mine is https://zare.com if OVH is not the choice.
Exactly a year ago there was a reseller service here. (The service provider rented a server machine and I got a VPS on it.) I once upset a little kid and made my server inaccessible with a free DDoS website. They say it was supposedly a bypass. Honestly, I don't know. I didn’t dare stay there anymore, if it has been improved since then, it can be a really good choice. The biggest problem with OVH is the correction of ByPass. It can take several months for a ByyPass to be repaired. I had a link available for next generation protection a few months ago (https://labs.ovh.com/betagame) but it’s no longer available, so I don’t know what’s up with it.

Ryukk

Aug 17, 2019
Hello!
what reliable hosts in Europe do you know?
But what are other options here?
As someone who has tested ddos protection from more than 50 firm. I recommend lowhosting.org , I don't think Zare is strong against large-capacity ddos attacks. he also has issues with the game and TeamSpeak. ( it's just about my test and my opinion. )

Nucci

Jan 26, 2020
As someone who has tested ddos protection from more than 50 firm. I recommend lowhosting.org , I don't think Zare is strong against large-capacity ddos attacks. he also has issues with the game and TeamSpeak. ( it's just about my test and my opinion. )
What's so special about another ovh reseller(lowhosting.org)?

Sonicfast

Jun 28, 2018

We are in colocation at Zare and I can tell you that they recently increased their anti-ddos capacity and they usually filter new methods in small time, I've personally helped them analyzing and filtering the newest attacks we received.

At the moment no customers from us are complaining about the DDoS mitigation and we never see much traffic entering in our nodes.

djalmasi

Sep 10, 2015
We are in colocation at Zare and I can tell you that they recently increased their anti-ddos capacity and they usually filter new methods in small time, I've personally helped them analyzing and filtering the newest attacks we received.

At the moment no customers from us are complaining about the DDoS mitigation and we never see much traffic entering in our nodes.
I have wanted to try you out as a service provider very many times. But never, under any circumstances, do they provide a test service. :rolleyes:

Ryukk

Aug 17, 2019
I have wanted to try you out as a service provider very many times. But never, under any circumstances, do they provide a test service. :rolleyes:
They gave me a 1-month test server. at that time, I found dozens of ddos vulnerabilities and tried to support sonicfast to close ddos vulnerabilities. After 1 month, they started not providing a test server. I don't think companies that don't provide test servers are good at ddos protection. either they don't want ddos vulnerabilities to be found ( there may be a justifiable reason ) or they're afraid. ( that's just my strict opinion. )

Ryukk

Aug 17, 2019
What's so special about another ovh reseller(lowhosting.org)?
I don't know they use OVH. I think they used to. They're Using Voxility Now. and they have servers in Italy. We're constantly testing. there are a few DDoS vulnerabilities, but they are not a major problem. so he can fix it whenever he wants. He's analyzing incoming attacks. Or we're testing it. If you want detailed information or a test server, you can contact me by sending a private message.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
At the moment no customers from us are complaining about the DDoS mitigation
The VAST majority of the time, one simply does not need DDoS protection as large as Voxility.

Why?

In many circumstances the only Internet-facing services tend to be web services. This traffic can be routed through Cloudflare and if you put everything through Cloudflare properly, stand up a load balancer along with appropriate limiting and blocking - then I guess the need starts to dissolve.

1616066459353.png

1616066479877.png

Envoy came out as the overall winner in this benchmark. It had the highest throughput in terms of requests per second. It’s interesting that Envoy’s throughput was several times higher than others. While HAProxy narrowly beat it for lowest latency in HTTP, Envoy tied with it for HTTPS latency. However, this doesn’t tell the whole story. Different configurations can optimize each of these load balancers, and different workloads can have different results. Always benchmark using your tooling for different optimizations. Also, each load balancer supports a different feature set that may be more important to your needs than latency or throughput, such as ease of dynamic configuration changes.

This intel is taken from SolarWinds' website.

tl;dr if you really need the 'best' DDoS protection then go with a leading data center, for example Switch is one of the best and in Europe the closest shot you have is https://www.supernap.it/ - they mention 'Blended IP connectivity with DDoS scrubbing'

If you need more than this because your throughput with the selected provider is not good enough, then sure you may need to use a dedicated DDoS protection provider like Voxility, then in that case just buy a server and ship it off to Voxility: https://www.voxility.com/colocation/prices/bucharest?prices=23 ~$200/month side-note these people appear to be doing this: https://www.hostingfuze.net/voxility-vps-cloud-hosting/ (not an advert, DO NOT RECOMMEND) also not saying they suck either - have not tried.

For example you could get a Dell / HP / Supermicro server 1U.. have it delivered to the data center in Bucharest to have them install/setup your system in a Voxility data center.

If you need more than that, build a data center where an Internet exchange is and have ungodly amounts of hardware to scrub/filter out the massive GBPS you can expect from a larger attack.

;)

Keep in mind that even if you have Voxility protection, this is not an alternative solution to protecting from Layer 7 attacks that could occur in game servers for example a new 0-day where someone sends a nullbyte packet or negative integer to a VoIP server (TeamSpeak) or game server and your sh** crashes offline.

OVH game protection is neat because they have fairly reasonable protections included, so perhaps get OVH in Europe (praying your servers do not burn down [again]), and also tunnel with Voxility?

idk, there's a lot of options.. that is all the time I have.

Off to work