Is TeamSpeak shutting down?

Daica

Aug 18, 2015
Because a license fee is not my cup of tea!

...while forcing everyone into buying an actual license from TeamSpeak. So strange. And dead, anyway, with the latest TS client.

This. I wanted to see which alternative route I should take after TeamSpeak decides to drop my NPL. Went to TeaSpeak, saw the whole "Because a license fee is not my cup of tea! " and then went on their forum and saw a "Premium LIcense". Like wtf?

Looks like I'll have to get the discord setup and ready my bots.

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
Open source VoIP software? I mean sounds cool, but making it from scratch would be time demanding, if anyone is seriously thinking about it wouldnt it be smarter to fork mumble?

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Their merchandise store is completely sold out (of everything). Hmmm

We have no idea what their stock (supply) was. If anything this shows they cannot keep up on supply. If you see your stock (inventory) running low then the practical business decision would be to replenish. If they cannot manage something as simple as inventory and the basic principles of buying - perhaps TeamSpeak needs some people to head back to business school.

qwerty123

May 13, 2016
We have no idea what their stock (supply) was. If anything this shows they cannot keep up on supply. If you see your stock (inventory) running low then the practical business decision would be to replenish. If they cannot manage something as simple as inventory and the basic principles of buying - perhaps TeamSpeak needs some people to head back to business school.
I agree. Also, I ordered some merchandise quite a while back from them (40+ days) and they still haven't delivered it.

kalle

high minded
Contributor
Oct 28, 2015
I agree. Also, I ordered some merchandise quite a while back from them (40+ days) and they still haven't delivered it.
Yeah, and also saw a few people on IG, fb posting comments that TS didnt send them their award winning.

NNE

C++ priest
VIP
Jul 20, 2016
Open source VoIP software? I mean sounds cool, but making it from scratch would be time demanding, if anyone is seriously thinking about it wouldnt it be smarter to fork mumble?
Mumble uses ICE and some other non-comfortable stuff. IMO replacement should have some p2p capability, to reduce load on the server.

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
Mumble uses ICE and some other non-comfortable stuff. IMO replacement should have some p2p capability, to reduce load on the server.
I mean, building software from scratch, or modifying one to save ton of time. I dont have much experience regarding c++ so i cannot guess the complexity of modifying such thing, but personally i would still choose the second option.

FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016
What is your favorite alternative to TeamSpeak if you had to choose? Discord or Mumble - or other? :p
Is good idea to buy c++ book and book about Network protocols and build first production version of voip ?
fuck the discord, i can't take it.
Discord like a clown behind the back killing machine (teamspeak with good future)

Nikellas

Aug 25, 2016
What is your favorite alternative to TeamSpeak if you had to choose? Discord or Mumble - or other? :p
1. TeamSpeak
2. Garena(a old-school community) or the Steam Voice Groups(New)
3. Mumble or Discord (my last choice is DC or Mumble )

:)

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
People like me would work on the client to make it more modern.
Finally they have released a new client, but does their new client look a little too much like Discord? We will see. I am just glad they finally released something!