NPL after hosting cracked for few months.

Swegmeister

Mar 23, 2016
Hello everyone on the r4p3 forum.

I have hosted a teamspeak 3 server for over 3 months now I regularly get around 50 people in my server.
I want to turn my server in a community server with a NPL license.
So this means backing up my server and start a no license server and fill in the NPL info to get NPL license.
But is there any risk involved for filling in my credentials cuz i ran a cracked license?
Does teamspeak3 log servers that run a cracked license so they cant request a NPL license?
What is the waiting time (15 days) ?
Other things?

Should I even get a NPL license or should i stick to cracked?

I could hope this forum could help me with clearing up some questions?

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
I never requested one of these "new" NPL licenses so i dont know how Teamspeak handles that..
But The Teamspeak client sends your Server info to a Teamspeak server if your server is suspious.. meaning it has more than 2000 slots or more Slots than the license can support.
If they would log servers that run cracked they would immediatly put them on the blacklist.. so if your users can still connect you are not on the blacklist which means they probably dont know.
Probably tho... Everytime you connect to a Server your client checks your server address on a blacklist.. if it only checks if the ip is on the blacklist it doesnt matter.. but if it also sends the Slots and Licensetype which i dont know if it does. You may be on a log somewhere.

So yeah.. There is a probable risk for your getting caught when you send them your credentials and they check if your IP appears somewhere in their logs.
But remember.. The main reason the crack came to life was because that new NPL stuff is just shit...
Id recommend trying to go the legal route.. and if that doesnt work you can still do what you want afterwards...

Swegmeister

Mar 23, 2016
I never requested one of these "new" NPL licenses so i dont know how Teamspeak handles that..
But The Teamspeak client sends your Server info to a Teamspeak server if your server is suspious.. meaning it has more than 2000 slots or more Slots than the license can support.
If they would log servers that run cracked they would immediatly put them on the blacklist.. so if your users can still connect you are not on the blacklist which means they probably dont know.
Probably tho... Everytime you connect to a Server your client checks your server address on a blacklist.. if it only checks if the ip is on the blacklist it doesnt matter.. but if it also sends the Slots and Licensetype which i dont know if it does. You may be on a log somewhere.

So yeah.. There is a probable risk for your getting caught when you send them your credentials and they check if your IP appears somewhere in their logs.
But remember.. The main reason the crack came to life was because that new NPL stuff is just shit...
Id recommend trying to go the legal route.. and if that doesnt work you can still do what you want afterwards...

Thanks allot for clearing it up:).
Server is not blacklisted because users can still connect.
I'm running my server as 512 slots just like any other NPL licensed server so the slots is not ridiculous that wont be a problem I hope as you say.
Yeah I was also wondering if the client sends server information to the public teamspeak 3 server I hope not:confused:.

I'll just try under a false identity;).
and if that doesn't work ill just go the illegal route.
Btw one more question. Do they block the ip or the domain?
So if they block my ip could I just start the same server on another ip?

Already thanks:)