[REQUEST] A plugin able to get user's UID on right-click in server log tab

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
What i mean exactly is that when you see a user in server log, being online or offline, you can drag and drop his nick to the chat and you get his UID in a form of an URL. This works but in most cases it's a pain as you more often need the raw UID itself for various tasks and not the damn URL that you first need to copy the UID part from. I would love it if i could just right click a nick in the log and see a context menu option like "Copy UID to clipboard".

Other strings and corresponding options wouldn't hurt either, e.g. "Copy nick to clipboard", "Copy DBID to clipboard" or even "Copy IP to clipboard". As silly as it sounds you can't do such basic stuff in standard client (besides IP perhaps but that takes an extra step). Also as for the IP... "WHOIS client's IP" would be the shitz0r!

This could of course work not just in server log but also directly on users sitting in their channels.

If you can provide me with a working example and source i promise to master this field in a few months :D

Last edited:

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
Getting the UID of a disconnected user without the right perms for it (b_client_db_search or such) can be a pain in the ass. Cause getClientVariable does only work with a valid client ID and disconnected clients don't have one. So the plugin would have to read the url you are clicking on which is hard, even for a cpp plugin.

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
OK so let's not care about offline user for now. It would be the ideal world but online is still cool enough. Anyway getting all the needed perms isn't a problem as this plugin is meant to be used by server root and no one else. Also, would you happen to know if this takes cpp or can be done with LUA?

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
AFAIK LUA can't edit the clipboard without extra libraries. Also I do not recommend LUA for context menu entries, it's too buggy :eek:
But a simple C plugin can do what you want, even without perms. Would do it for ya if my HDD wasn't broken.