$channelEdit = $ts->channelEdit($cid, $data);

and, in the first edit.php there's
Code:
<textarea name=\"info\" cols=\"50\" rows=\"30\">

So, I guess this has to do with the way how the library handles the writing of

Code:
ЛЮБЛЮ СВОЙ ПАХЛАВАШ\r\n

into the channel's description

NOTE: I'm not a PHP Coder, So These assumptions are based on basic knowledge of PHP, so, let me know if I'm wrong or not :)

BTW: Cool Release, welcome on the VIP section :D

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Did not work for me.
4Uww7jH6.png

EGb5pmSi.png

Does anyone have a ts3server.sqlitedb that i could test with ?
EDIT : tested by directly injecting it in the db, did not work.
eRZWkWsa.png

9sYlbmZq.png

Managed to get those when connecting to the right server :
Code:
27/09/2015 21:54:15    SCHandler    Warning    Error from ChanClients: convert error   
27/09/2015 21:54:15    SCHandler    Warning    Error while parsing packet: undefined error
Still couldn't reproduce it.

Last edited:

Asphyxia.Cell

Aug 13, 2015
\r is a return carriage or something, \n is a new line. Can be found inside the reference, I'm guessing it is maybe a unicode (character) issue. If we could get this to happen on server join, that would be awesome.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Did not work for me.
Code:
27/09/2015 21:54:15    SCHandler    Warning    Error from ChanClients: convert error
27/09/2015 21:54:15    SCHandler    Warning    Error while parsing packet: undefined error
I think the term crash is misleading, it simply triggers a disconnection due to a convert error. If it disconnected you from the server, that is what it does. This should not be overlooked though, imagine if we found a way to inject this into our username somehow? Someone clicks our name, they disconnect. :D YOU CAN'T DISABLE NICKNAMES.

Last edited:

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
Did not work for me.
4Uww7jH6.png

EGb5pmSi.png

Does anyone have a ts3server.sqlitedb that i could test with ?
EDIT : tested by directly injecting it in the db, did not work.
eRZWkWsa.png

9sYlbmZq.png

Managed to get those when connecting to the right server :
Code:

Same results,

(3.0.11.4 Windows Server (3.0.18 Windows Client))

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
This is weird, It doesnt work on localhost, BUT, It works if you try it on other servers.
@ehthe can you do some tests on linux to confirm that please?

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
This is weird, It doesnt work on localhost, BUT, It works if you try it on other servers.
@ehthe can you do some tests on linux to confirm that please?
I didn't test it on localhost but from a raspberry to a blank 3.0.11.4
Anyhow doesn’t anyone have a sqlitedb that is affected by that so that I can look into it ? :)

Probber

VIP
Sep 17, 2015
Okay i could reproduce the exploit i used the hexadecimal from the exploited channel and copied it into another channel.

This is the hexadecimal for the exploit just change the description through sqlitedatabase and it will work:
Code:
cb de c1 cb de 20 d1 c2 ce c9 20 cf c0 d5 cb c0
c2 c0 d8 0d 0a

EDIT:

Well, i got the PHP Script working, just try this String via the PHP-Script:

Code:
ËÞÁËÞ ÑÂÎÉ ÏÀÕËÀÂÀØ\r\n

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Seems like the culprit here is
You can change D8 to something else (not anything) and it will still crash.
You can set it as channel description (crash when click on channel) or channel topic (crash when connecting). You cannot set it as a channel name :
ERROR |ChanClients | 1| ChanClients() unable to add channel(ID: 3), skipping. Error was: convert error
ERROR |ChanClients | 1| ChanClients() unable to load channel(ID: 3) from db (missing channelOrderID: 2), deleting.
Setting it as any server property doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

Probber

VIP
Sep 17, 2015
Its weird i tryed it to set the exploit via Telnet but that doesnt work, it just work through PHP.

EDIT: I tryed to set the Exploit on any Client Propertie but it seems that it dont work.

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
If we can figure out more information about the convert error, perhaps that would give us some insight as to how we could trigger a convert error in the username/description. It sure would be amazing to trigger a disconnect on name select. That would be overpowered as fuck. :cool:
0D is the hex value for a carriage return which is the \r in PHP.
Refer to this: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/configfun/command/reference/ffun_r/frf019.pdf
D8 looks like Ø.

My assumption is that the topic line is expecting to return a single line, when that does not happen there is a conversion error. This should be tried with changing the user's description.

Last edited:

Probber

VIP
Sep 17, 2015
The Problem that we have is, that the Exploit only can set through the server query and this only via PHP-Script. I tryed to set the Exploit without Query but so far without success.

Edit: I setted the Exploit in the Clientdescription via the SqLiteDatabase nothing crashed. If we could create temporary channel via the Server Query Quest that would be great!

I writed a Lua Plugin which changes the topic of the current channel but the exploit doesnt work its still only working via PHP -.-

Edit2: I got a idea, we can just use the local client query via the Client Query Plugin but we need to get the PHP API working with that.

Last edited: