The Best Antivirus For 2016

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
There are many options to choose from, but which one is the best?
1. Kaspersky is an amazing antivirus solution. I have used Kaspersky for years, my hacker friend recommended that I use it, because he used it. During my years of use, I never had a single issue. The PC Download option is only about $22, which is rather affordable. I am sure you can find another way to get it though --- if you want. ;)
2. Malwarebytes has always been with me, everywhere I go online --- I would recommend taking it. This is going to keep you safe during 2016 and beyond. I remember when I used Malwarebytes to clean an infected system. I made $25 by installing the free trial to a system, it is so easy to run a scan and it provides solid real-time protection without having to configure, a favorite of mine --- SIMPLE and it just works.
3. F-Secure won't let you down if you choose this option, the interface is very basic though, it feels kind of plain but it is alright. The interface feels like it was designed by a minimalist. F-Secure is still a great competitor in the top 3 lineup. Have any antivirus software you would like to mention? Post a comment below. ;)

Last edited:

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
McAfee was placed 1. in some tests for 2015. I use it and I think/hope that it's worth its only 16€ (that is what I payed).

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
McAfee is pretty good, I do agree. Kaptan, ZoneAlarm is an amazing personal firewall. That is my favorite firewall. :cool:

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
Im using a combination of
  • Avast Free Antivirus
  • Spybot Search & Destroy
  • SUPERAntiSpyware
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (Free)
  • ClamWin Free Antivirus + Clam Sentinel
In my main Webbrowser (Google Chrome) im using the extensions
  • Avast Online Security
  • AdblockPlus + Hide my Adblocker
  • IPFuck for Chromium
  • Personal Blocklist (by Google)
  • VTChromizer
  • Web of Trust
  • Terms of Service; Didn't Read
Also im using Peerblock 1.2 to block malicious Websites & IP's

Last edited:

Xellos

Jun 24, 2015
If you are already using an AntiVirus then please use BitDefender. But I find antivirus programs unnecessary and think that common sense is all you need (and maybe TinyWall as firewall).

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
If you are already using an AntiVirus then please use BitDefender. But I find antivirus programs unnecessary and think that common sense is all you need (and maybe TinyWall as firewall).

I Agree
Just use SandBoxie and you're done :D

But Anyway,

OT

I Think Kaspersky and BitDefender are the best, ESET also does the job pretty well :D

XURY

May 9, 2015
I think i will develop a program in the very far future which will detect any RunPE Action - So basically if i have that done i won't need ANY AV anymore.