The moment of mumble has arrived?

Snakess

Aug 14, 2018
Good to see that TS3 and TeaSpeak are not part of the alternatives for stable communication I have started to search in google and I found a VoIP system called Mumble, this the truth is very simple and can be improved in terms of appearance refers, it is open source, I think the truth is interesting.

I installed it in a VPS and I tried it with some friends (it's not that our TeaSpeak turns out to have certain problems and it falls every 24 hours the script.) So it turns out that if very good, like and malleable, what if It made it a bit cumbersome to install the whole musicbots system which by the way is open source also ...

Here I leave some images for those who do not know

And excuse my bad English, I'm using Google translator.

Web Official: https://wiki.mumble.info

0zN5hM5.png

Last edited:

IROA

Jan 26, 2018
If It's a Mumble open source, are the slots limited with the count ? Wondering about to change instead of TS. And yatyqa solution won't work tho ?

mkll11one

ServerGeek
VIP
Apr 26, 2016
If It's a Mumble open source, are the slots limited with the count ? Wondering about to change instead of TS. And yatyqa solution won't work tho ?
There is no slot limit, what i remember! it's few year since i did used mumble! ;)

Najsr

TeamSpeak Developer
Apr 23, 2016
Mumble is a completely different program so it can't work unless somebody make a query that acts like teamspeak but actually is mumble (something like a wrapper)

Snakess

Aug 14, 2018
Well the truth if you like to limit slots you can do it without problem, what I wanted was to open mine and I put 512 slots, and as an alternative to YatQa they have something called Yuli Murmur and similar ones with which you can manage more than 1 instance of mumble , you can sell without problems etc.

Mumble is a completely different program so it can't work unless somebody make a query that acts like teamspeak but actually is mumble (something like a wrapper)
Clearly it is different but if it can be improved and adapted to our needs.

Well it's like we say here in my town hehehe

"The talent is there, we just need to support it"

Newcomer1989

May 8, 2016
TeamSpeak 3 began 2009, right? Mumble is older than TeamSpeak 3. There are still the absolut basic functions. No fully permission system, no query interface -> not bots
It is an alternate if you only want to speak, nothing more..

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
What? no query interface -> not bots ??? Mumble is completely open source, you can make bots 10x better dude :Do

Snakess

Aug 14, 2018
TeamSpeak 3 began 2009, right? Mumble is older than TeamSpeak 3. There are still the absolut basic functions. No fully permission system, no query interface -> not bots
It is an alternate if you only want to speak, nothing more..

You are completely wrong, mumble is very complete and even has things that in TeamSpeak you should install plugins such as the hub of users in full screen, there is also an infinity of bot systems, as to the interface this can be developed without problems in QSS ... TeamSpeak Crack the truth is no longer a real alternative for us. I have a mumble server and I really liked the permission system is much more minimalist and easy to configure, possibly in the part of the icons you have to develop a little more but we are open source, we can do those come to us "relatively" clear.

That is why I invite you to use mumble and then give your reasons why not use it but for me it is much better than being cracked TeamSpeak or using TeaSpeak (which has certain bug in reality).

By the way for mumble there are 3 alternatives for musicbot which can be improved, you can sell etc to your liking;)

Ah I'm sure this will be very interesting jejje for hosters there is no license, you can sell without having to pay for license.

Newcomer1989

May 8, 2016
hat? no query interface -> not bots ??? Mumble is completely open source, you can make bots 10x better dude :Do
If it is such as easy.. how many features did you have already developed for Mumble? The most people are thinking like you -> "you can make it better". Not I want to do that.. others should do it ;-)

can be developed without problems in QSS
What is QSS? never heard about..

You are completely wrong[..]there is also an infinity of bot systems
Oh yes, you are right. There are 15 Bots for Mumble. Source: https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/3rd_Party_Applications#Libraries
The Bots are connecting with the Voice Port and are visible on the server, right? There I think TeamSpeak found a better solution with the backand interface over query.

I think the user numbers are talking for themselves. If Mumble were as good as you say, there would be a lot more users.

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
If it is such as easy.. how many features did you have already developed for Mumble? The most people are thinking like you -> "you can make it better". Not I want to do that.. others should do it ;-)

Teamspeak allows you server query, client query, plugin sdk as your official SDK/API, you dont have direct access or full control over any module. I am not even talking about server which does not allow any modification. You can modify server/client source in any way you would like, connect ffmpeg/libav decoder directly to capture buffer, make wrapper around whole client/server and work in any language you want, like it was made for nodejs for example.

Snakess

Aug 14, 2018
Teamspeak allows you server query, client query, plugin sdk as your official SDK/API, you dont have direct access or full control over any module. I am not even talking about server which does not allow any modification. You can modify server/client source in any way you would like, connect ffmpeg/libav decoder directly to capture buffer, make wrapper around whole client/server and work in any language you want, like it was made for nodejs for example.

Quiet friend this is not a debate which is actually better .... After all one has paid developers and other collaborators, the question and purpose of this topic is to see and take Mumble as a possible alternative of open source to TS3 or TeaSpeak.

And undoubtedly everything you say can be achieved in mumble, as there is good support material and documentation with which you can lift something good ode it, you could even add a system of icons if you wish.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

What is QSS? never heard about..

Oh yes, you are right. There are 15 Bots for Mumble. Source: https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/3rd_Party_Applications#Libraries
The Bots are connecting with the Voice Port and are visible on the server, right? There I think TeamSpeak found a better solution with the backand interface over query.

I think the user numbers are talking for themselves. If Mumble were as good as you say, there would be a lot more users.
QSS is a style language similar to CSS.

I did not say that Mumble was better, however it is a very viable alternative.

I am not one of those who expect others to do. It is stupid to affirm without knowing.

Last edited:

IROA

Jan 26, 2018
Ok, so we just found out that Mumble ain't equal alternative.... pls, team memerize, come back and make the ts3 grat again. How the hell TS3 could count with that the people would buy their licenses. Is this fucking serious ? If u take a look into my situation : Im hosting and hosted everytime for free, I lost a 3/4 of the community after that update. Never wanted a money out of someone. And now ? If I will want people to pay or donate me 'cuz I will want to host again with atleast 512 slots, they will dissapear and I will be throwing my hard worked money from the window for fucking license. What the heck happend. I will have to get used to fucking Discord .... ofc... NPL licenses still closed and if I will get one of them , they will take that license back away after a few months, I know them really well.

Snakess

Aug 14, 2018
Ok, so we just found out that Mumble ain't equal alternative.... pls, team memerize, come back and make the ts3 grat again. How the hell TS3 could count with that the people would buy their licenses. Is this fucking serious ? If u take a look into my situation : Im hosting and hosted everytime for free, I lost a 3/4 of the community after that update. Never wanted a money out of someone. And now ? If I will want people to pay or donate me 'cuz I will want to host again with atleast 512 slots, they will dissapear and I will be throwing my hard worked money from the window for fucking license. What the heck happend. I will have to get used to fucking Discord .... ofc... NPL licenses still closed and if I will get one of them , they will take that license back away after a few months, I know them really well.

By the way, be clear, I do not want them to use Mumble because I say it, I know they will not either, it's just a topic in which I brought a possible alternative, I liked it and I use it with my friends, if you do not like it you can leave your comment etc and voila there is no problem;) but to tell the truth of my part I liked it very much and as soon as I have time I will put my hand and post it here if possible so that those who like to also get hold of it;)

Ah otherwise if there are many people who pay for the license, usually pay large equipment etc, as I have seen it used in the E-Sports, I'm not sure at all.

UI for Mumble By me, simple design :D

My post on Mumble Forum: https://forums.mumble.info

I hope you like it I did it in my hour of rest hehehe if you like then I improve it and I do the lite mode color

KfpA0i3.png

mobber

May 12, 2016
Why is this better than 3.0.13.8 TS3 server (except the opportunity to get gray/black listed)? At least you don’t have to mess with the server and the client. Those who decided to switch to the new version of TC3 will not switch to Mambu.

Snakess

Aug 14, 2018
Why is this better than 3.0.13.8 TS3 server (except the opportunity to get gray/black listed)? At least you don’t have to mess with the server and the client. Those who decided to switch to the new version of TC3 will not switch to Mambu.

No one is obligated to do it, but it is a good alternative.