Your opinion?

Did you test the new client already?

• YES!

• no - got no invite, yet (but I'd like to)

• nah, who uses TeamSpeak anyways?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
What do you think about the new client?
Were you able to test it already?

I'm missing quite a lot of features we take for granted in the TS3-client. (permissions, simply join a server with a different idendity,...)
I do like the new conversations which do not depend on servers, however I do not like this is connected with your myteamspeak account instead of idendities.

Tell us your thoughts! NOW! :)

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
All chats outside of the “self-hosted server” delivered via cloud. Unsure at present time if TeamSpeak can read into chats and they are connected to your myTeamSpeak account. Seems like a slight privacy issue, TeamSpeak 5 seemingly always wants your client IP addresses and while that may change I think there is strong push to get a cloud account with TeamSpeak..

I like when the focus was more on private identities first and not cloud account first.

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
All chats outside of the “self-hosted server” delivered via cloud.
I'm with you on that, however you have the choice now - choice is always a good thing I guess. So either talk using the server and beeing private or choose to contact someone using the cloud (which is sufficiant to tell'em to join the server ;)

Atlantiss

CipherSpeak Developer
Sep 23, 2019
This version of TS Client is not for old Teamspeak 3 Users, Developers, Querys etc. Permission System is simple as one color. We need a challange, new Advanced Permissions System, not like simply as the Discord himself. I would love to see if the TeamSpeak Client gets a new SQL System Database where is a lot of new staff, etc. Importing scripts via FTP into Database of Server not using query bots or other bots.

skill1917

Sep 14, 2015
All chats outside of the “self-hosted server” delivered via cloud.

I am more worried about the fact that they are barely able to keep myTS, Weblist and even the fucking accounting up and running without issues. There is no way they will pull this off with thousands of people chatting.

Atlantiss

CipherSpeak Developer
Sep 23, 2019
I am more worried about the fact that they are barely able to keep myTS, Weblist and even the fucking accounting up and running without issues. There is no way they will pull this off with thousands of people chatting.
There is a way to get autoclean chat history after 2-7 days, it is possible.

kalle

high minded
Contributor
Oct 28, 2015
This version of TS Client is not for old Teamspeak 3 Users, Developers, Querys etc. Permission System is simple as one color. We need a challange, new Advanced Permissions System, not like simply as the Discord himself. I would love to see if the TeamSpeak Client gets a new SQL System Database where is a lot of new staff, etc. Importing scripts via FTP into Database of Server not using query bots or other bots.
FTP really? FTP should be last thing what we want in TS5.

It is possible, its not like they started yesterday with company and development. They use grpc protocol which is super light and provides many benefits.
Saving chats and less important stuff into nosql database will provide fast write and read of messages.
Also if they change backend lang example to Golang they can easily handle 10k users at normal server specifications.

bituspy

May 20, 2017
Too many features are remaining in my opinion.

TS5 lacks a server chat like discord. We need that feature to expand a good active community.

I believe they should integrate Teamspeak with steam somehow.

I also believe teamspeak should have its own streaming platform. (it would be kinda unique and attract hundreds/thousands of users and new people to the VoIP)

They should add some unique features that other VoIP's don't have yet.

Atlantiss

CipherSpeak Developer
Sep 23, 2019
Too many features are remaining in my opinion.

TS5 lacks a server chat like discord. We need that feature to expand a good active community.

I believe they should integrate Teamspeak with steam somehow.

I also believe teamspeak should have its own streaming platform. (it would be kinda unique and attract hundreds/thousands of users and new people to the VoIP)

They should add some unique features that other VoIP's don't have yet.
Teamspeak + Steam = License on sale! Only Today! [999$]

bituspy

May 20, 2017
Teamspeak + Steam = License on sale! Only Today! [999$]

In my honest opinion any company that opens up wants money. Everyone is working for money. If they provide the good quality in very low amount of money and extraordinary features then people will be willing to spend money.

Teamspeak is a good app for voice comms and it can give a very strong competition to discord. A community stronger than discord can be built around this app.

Atlantiss

CipherSpeak Developer
Sep 23, 2019
In my honest opinion any company that opens up wants money. Everyone is working for money. If they provide the good quality in very low amount of money and extraordinary features then people will be willing to spend money.

Teamspeak is a good app for voice comms and it can give a very strong competition to discord. A community stronger than discord can be built around this app.
@Asphyxia let's make a businesses deal with Nike, we will open CipherSpeak and for every 200+ client of the CipherSpeak Server gets a brand new Nike Air Max White CipherSpeak Edition shoes. And we can do advertising of the new Nike Shoes on our CipherSpeak Servers, boom big profit lots of money new Shoes for every 200+ member of CipherSpeak.. Lmao.

Stfweri

Jun 23, 2016
It's a garbage reskin with nothing of substance. I have the beta and I would rather just use ts3 over it.

bituspy

May 20, 2017
It's a garbage reskin with nothing of substance. I have the beta and I would rather just use ts3 over it.

I don't deny that you are wrong. They made TS5 beta because they believe they can put a lot of stuff in it. I am expecting new things in a few months after they finish the beta testing of the basic server features.

I strongly believe they have not released all the features. Its likely that their alpha squad is testing more and more features everyday and soon they will be visible.

What I wanted for Teamspeak 5:

1) Chat channels for servers.
2) A very efficient in built bot system (not just for music but for other interactive things like we have on discord.) (they can make a package system for it if they wanna sell their stuff.)
3) I wanted them to make connecting to servers easier (by either connecting through nicknames or invite codes)
4) Add quoting or replying systems in server chats and global chats.
5) Steam integration is absolute necessity right now.
6) Reduce CPU usage, etc, etc.

sunt

Aug 26, 2017
I dont like the design of chat window at all.
The icons (serveradmin, ...) are in the wrong place and should be fixed.
Im also concerned about privacy with the new cloud backend.

winzi

Sep 15, 2015
i like the channel banners with the last server upgrade. but there is still a lot stuff missing like adding a channel icon or the permission system.

winzi

Sep 15, 2015
oh and @sunt just change the design at the top to bring the user icon back to the right side of the window.