TeamSpeak 5 Beta

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Yeah, it's gonna be great, web client is a really great project.
While having a web-based client would be nice - TeamSpeak 3 and TeamSpeak Systems Inc. as a company are already way too late to the market.

Everyone knows of easily 5+ different services that have web-based clients with: video and voice. Why would anyone want to use TeamSpeak anymore if they are not relevant.

They are not keeping their client nor server software updated with modern features! This means there is literally no value in cracking their server software and ANY attempt to make another TeamSpeak client or server project is the biggest waste of time.

P.S. we do not support cracking software. We legally license all of our software we use here and recommend users do the same. Most cracked software contains malware anyways - or does not allow for latest stable updates so is more prone to security risks and especially bugs!

KuraPL

Feb 7, 2017
Teamspeak should spend a new client, not a server. Because by issuing a separate application in the sense that teamspeak 3 can not connect to teamspeak 5 and vice versa, many servers can fall down.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Teamspeak should spend a new client, not a server. Because by issuing a separate application in the sense that teamspeak 3 can not connect to teamspeak 5 and vice versa, many servers can fall down.
We don't have to worry about incompatibility for servers to fall down - TeamSpeak is killing everyone's NPL off permanently. Leave this up to their own company to shutdown their own software.

The fact TeamSpeak 5 is only a new client informs all of us what features are coming. None! Because whatever the current server can do, the TeamSpeak 5 client can also do! How awesome is that guys?

It might look cooler but that is probably all we are getting is a visual improvement, not much else I can imagine.

latters

Oct 25, 2016
We don't have to worry about incompatibility for servers to fall down - TeamSpeak is killing everyone's NPL off permanently. Leave this up to their own company to shutdown their own software.

The fact TeamSpeak 5 is only a new client informs all of us what features are coming. None! Because whatever the current server can do, the TeamSpeak 5 client can also do! How awesome is that guys?

It might look cooler but that is probably all we are getting is a visual improvement, not much else I can imagine.

Yes, teamspeak is coming to an end.

already has 60% fewer users than it had 2.5 years ago

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Oh it was a bug from my adblocker, sorry!
Ahh, that is okay. I am not surprised TeamSpeak was blocked by your advertisement blocking software/solution. TeamSpeak is basically just an ad now.

TeamSpeak 5 is definitely spammy bs for these reasons:

1. TeamSpeak 5 is going to skip 4 - this is a clear attempt to draw attention toward them while shamelessly lying to everyone as if TeamSpeak 4 already happened.
  2. TS5 looks stupid - like TSS, the 5 and S look similar.
  3. Their server software is at version TeamSpeak Server 3.5.0 - when TeamSpeak 5 comes out are they keeping their server versions at 3.x because if so everyone will be on TeamSpeak 5 but connecting to TeamSpeak 3 servers. This literally sounds fucking stupid!
  4. === Client Release 3.0.0-beta1 - 19 Dec 2009 === * Initial beta release... this took almost 10 years for them to switch from TeamSpeak 3 to TeamSpeak 5. TeamSpeak 2 was released in August 26, 2002 so between 2 and 3, is 7 years. Between 3 and 5 is 9 years. Now with that amount of time, we should expect to see pretty amazing things - right!? Well when the server software is not being changed, there is really not much we can expect. A client can only do what a server supports!
So... while TeamSpeak 5 beta may be cool to try out, I am sure we should not get our hopes up.

h04X

Apr 22, 2016
Okay, I also find that funny that they just skip TeamSpeak 4 and what I don't understand is why they don't update / improve the servers accordingly :D

h04X

Apr 22, 2016
what i just love so much about teamspeak 3 find that man has his own server not like at discord if you know what i mean i also use discord but to write

NoBody1337

Nov 22, 2018
what i just love so much about teamspeak 3 find that man has his own server not like at discord if you know what i mean i also use discord but to write

i don't know i celebrate discord have always used discord and will not use anything else teamspeak 3 is soon extinct anyway

Jackbox

Jan 2, 2016
Hosting a server yourself is fairly nice though. It offers more privacy and security. I definitely appreciate Discord but am interested in developing an open source alternative.

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
TeamSpeak is killing everyone's NPL off permanently.

That's because they might be after killing servers as we know them, basically. With TS5 they will most likely start offering servers on their own, just like Discord. There will be no other hosters but TeamSpeak itself. They might allow those who would still run their own 3.x servers to migrate their paid licenses or just wait for them to bleed to death as users would mass-migrate in no time. Poor sheep just love to be controlled and infiltrated and yet they will pay money for that to happen.

2ndSky95

Jul 2, 2018
Discord is a big platform. he's trying to look like Steam. Game stores, etc..
teamspeak5_pre.alpha-27.10.2018.png
It's not original, but it's the same as the design chart of Steam and Discord.
I have no rights in the picture that's why I deleted it on Twitter. (450 views)

I'm also surprised that the first beta for Teamspeak Publishing, where Teamspeak speak of the Officielen publication this year?
Does the beta really count here as well?

Well, Ts5 as the 19th of December 2018, as a 9th anniversary, I could well imagine.

floppy

Mar 6, 2016
  1. Their server software is at version TeamSpeak Server 3.5.0 - when TeamSpeak 5 comes out are they keeping their server versions at 3.x because if so everyone will be on TeamSpeak 5 but connecting to TeamSpeak 3 servers. This literally sounds fucking stupid!

They will just increase the version number to 5.

To be fair: the core of ts3, transmitting voice to other people works very good and the OPUS codec allows for a good quality. Being able to self-host allows you to get low latency values. Other services like Discord can't guarantee that, as they don't have servers in each country.

It's the finance/marketing? department that will lead to the downfall. Nobody wants to pay for a license in addition to server costs. NPL requirements are a joke.